Sports Equity Policy
Sport equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to all members of society.
· The Club believes that every individual should have the equal opportunities to participate in Grappling/Sambo irrespective of factors such as age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or socio-economic background
· The Club will endeavour to provide Grappling/Sambo to fulfil a need within the community and support individuals to participate irrespective of their background
· The Club will ensure that the status, emphasis, and commitment to sports equity is improved and permeates the whole sports department
· The Club will endeavour to ensure that Grappling/Sambo equity is considered at the outset in the development of outreach projects it supports
· The Clubare committed to having in place a volunteer workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Where gaps are identified we will enforce positive action programmes to address the balance
· The Club operates a transparent, open and equitable recruitment and selection policies to safeguard against unfair and unlawful discrimination
· The Club are committed to the implementation of conditions and practices which ensure the fair treatment of all volunteers
· To ensure the guidelines set about in the code of conduct, ensure volunteers are aware of their equity responsibilities. Volunteers should be aware of and overcome their own prejudices, respect differences and treat people with fairness and dignity, make sure none of their Club practices are discriminatory and actively encourage inclusion in their projects
· In pursuance of this sports equity policy the Club reserves the right to assess the suitability of volunteers who practice any kind of .....
Access and provision for disabled volunteers and participants
The Club is committed to making arrangements, where appropriate to enable students with disabilities to participate fully in the Club