Session Risk Assessment.
This is to be done before each lesson
There is a clear and legal duty of each and every person, while coaching, training or watching, to take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of his or herself and of all other persons who may be affected by his or her acts or omissions; and to co-operate with the Academy and its safety advisors, to enable it to perform and comply with any duty or requirement under the regulations affecting Health & Safety and Welfare. This will include the use of equipment in a safe manner, and their own personal hygiene.
The supervisor or senior coach will be responsible for the implementation of the Health & Safety Policy.
To achieve this objective, the supervisor or senior coach will ensure that the following Risk Assessment takes place before the commencement of any training:
· Are all stairways and walkways clear, clean and free from obstruction?
· Are fire doors and emergency exits appropriately marked?
2. The safety of the training area.
· Is the training area clean and free from obstruction?
· Are all floor mats and / or coverings in good condition and free from tears, cuts or slits?
· Are all areas adjacent to the training area clear of obstructions, e.g. foot wear, water bottles, tables and chairs etc?
3. The safety & suitability of training equipment.
· If there is any training equipment to be used, is it in a safe and suitable condition for the exercises it will be used for?
· Will it be used for the purpose it was designed for?
4. Coaching & teaching.
· Do all coaches and teaching personnel meet the required standard as laid down by British SAMBO Federation guidelines?
5. First aid.
· Will there be some-one trained in basic first aid present?
· Is the first aid box adequately stocked, complete with accident book?
After Assessment sign confirmation in Diary
All instances MUST be reported to the Health & Safety Officer. If any of the above conditions cannot be met, training MUST NOT go ahead, until any issues have been rectified.
Health & Safety Officer.